Fabrication Workshop Supervisor
Job no: 493068
Work type: Full time, Salary
Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Categories: Boilermakers, Auto Electricians, Boom Welders, Business Development, Corporate/Shared Services, Diesel Fitters, Diesel Supervisors, Electricians, Mechanical Fitters, Mechanical Supervisors, Riggers, Serviceman, Structural Supervisors, Trade Assistants
Need a change of scenery? Look no further than CQFMS
About the role:
Field Mining Services Group, CQ Division, has a strong pipeline ahead and are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Workshop Supervisor to lead our workshop team based in Paget.
As the Workshop Supervisor, reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will be accountable for managing the coordination of personnel, liaising with our clients, and making sure all workshop maintenance activities are completed and in order to ensure compliance.
You will have strong engagement and problem-solving skills. You will strive to meet set targets and be results driven all whilst leading your team and not compromising on safety. This role is a development opportunity for somebody looking to take the next step in their career or someone wanting to step up and showcase their strong skill sets.
- You will oversee FMS Group’s repairs and maintenance program, ensure it is executed on time and to plan.
- You will ensure the workshop, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance procedures, is completed in line with WHS and statutory obligations, and FMS Group Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure tasks are being carried in a safe manner and comply with applicable policies, plans and procedures by our people in the workshop space.
- Be a confident communicator, as you will be responsible for overseeing daily Toolbox Talks, training and development of our people, and necessary reporting to management on a regular basis.
- Ensure quality assurance and customer specific documentation requirements are completed in accordance with set strategy, plan and to the appropriate standard.
- Develop and improve workshop processes. You will achieve this through active engagement and effective leadership with a positive mindset and attitude towards change.
- You will facilitate the opening and closing of the workshop, site work will be required from time-to-time, and responsible to estimating works as required.
We want you
Successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated maintenance experience and knowledge relevant to the mining industry
- Experience with management of small team will be beneficial to your application but is not essential
- Dedicated to driving business improvement and a strong commitment to a safety culture
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, co-workers and all levels of management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- An effective communicator with strong engagement skills and great attention to detail
- Be flexible and show initiative
- Strive to meet set targets and results driven
Why you want to work for us:
CQ Field Mining Services is part of the Field Mining Services Group, a major Australasian maintenance contractor and supplier of highly qualified trades to multinational clients in QLD.
We work with the best clients. We recruit the best people. We provide the best working environment.
Join our fast paced & high performing team where you'll really partner with the business to achieve outstanding results. Click Apply now!
Field Mining Services Group – Delivering the Best… Every time
CQ Field Mining Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
We respectfully request no recruitment agency approaches.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results