About the Role:
Do you consider yourself a Digger Fitter, and sick of working over the hill?
Are you looking to progress your career off the tools? If yes to all of the above, then this role is for you. And we want to train you to be the best that you can be in this role!
As our Excavator Shutdown Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the planning, management, quotation, and execution of maintenance for major excavator shutdowns. But do not fear if you haven’t got the experience yet, we will give you the right training that you need to progress yourself in this role.
Based in Mackay with site travel required, this is an integral role within our CQ Field Mining Services diesel division which will see you building on the success of our existing operations and actively driving a positive safety culture across all our crews.
Crucial to this function, you will have the ability to meet operational requirements with a focus on providing technical support to the diesel division team.
A proven leader with excavator and drill experience in a coal mine, there will be a strong emphasis on efficient and effective planning and the role will require complete flexibility to support business operations and shutdowns.
The right person for this role must be driven and willing to learn.
Your Skills and Experience:
To be considered for this key role, you must have the following:
- Trade qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Extensive working knowledge of excavator machinery
- Proven ability to supervise crews
- Strong knowledge on managing projects
- Solid understanding of the coal mining industry
- Be a good listener and gets along well with other people
- Have a genuine commitment to drive and promote safety
- Willingness to learn and think outside the box when required
- Our work. We offer diverse and challenging work on some of the Bowen Basin’s biggest shutdown projects.
- Our culture. Our business was built on the foundations of mateship, we’re reliable, like to have fun and embrace a 'can-do' team environment.
- Our loyalty. We want you to reach your potential, we'd like to help you get there. We want you to be the best in what you like to do.
CQFMS is part of the Field Mining Services Group, a major Australasian maintenance contractor and supplier of highly qualified trades to multinational clients across Queensland, Western Australia and Papua New Guinea. CQFMS seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We only recruit the best AND we have work available now
Hit “Apply for this job”. You’ll hear back from us very soon.
We respectfully request no recruitment agency approaches.
CQ Field Mining Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs. To find out more – fms-group.com.au/