Job no: 493425
Work type: Casual, Contract, Subcontractor
Location: Mackay & Coalfields, Western Australia, Brisbane, Townsville, Newcastle/Hunter, Papua New Guinea (PNG)
Categories: Diesel Fitters, Diesel Supervisors
About the Role:
If you love exploring and miss travel, this is your chance to experience the exotic culture and rugged wilderness of PNG while getting paid.
PNG Field Mining Services (PNGFMS) is currently seeking Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics to fill positions across various mine sites in Papua New Guinea.
Use your days off to your advantage – exploring the coastline, rainforest and mountains. We can assure you the black bass are massive and the spearfishing is insane - plus you will have the chance to visit local villages and experience the traditional PNG way of life.
We care about your goals so training and development opportunities will be available including high-risk training and OEM training.
Remuneration and benefits to be discussed during interview. A period of 14 days paid isolation will be required when returning to Australia.
Your Skills and Experience:
To be considered for the role, you must have the following:
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter
- Advantageous to have experience working on the following machinery: Atlas Copco & Sandvik Drill Rigs and Hitachi, O&K & CAT Shovels and Excavators
- CAT Machine experience essential
- A genuine commitment to safety
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a multinational team environment
- Understand cultural respect and awareness
- Willingness to develop, transfer knowledge and experience to the national workforce
Successful applicants must:
- Hold a current Passport (with at least 12 months validity)
- Be able to pass a medical examination, drug and alcohol screening and an Australian Federal Police Clearance prior to engagement
PNGFMS is part of the Field Mining Services Group, a major Australasian maintenance contractor and supplier of highly qualified trades to multinational clients across Queensland, Western Australia and Papua New Guinea. PNGFMS has been established since 2013, and we are a premier supplier of quality maintenance services throughout PNG. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We only recruit the best AND we have work available now
Hit “Apply for this job”. You’ll hear back from us very soon.
We respectfully request no recruitment agency approaches.
PNG Field Mining Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs. To find out more – fms-group.com.au/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results